Kyoto is one of the most beautiful and culturally rich cities in Japan, with its stunning temples, shrines, and gardens that attract millions of visitors every year! However, If you're a Muslim traveler visiting Kyoto, you may be wondering where to find halal food, prayer spaces, and other amenities that cater to your religious needs, but "Worry not!" This guide aims to provide comprehensive information on some of the "Famous Sightseeing Spots", "Halal Food Restaurants", "Mosques", "Halal Supermarket", and "Muslim-friendly hotels" in Kyoto, along with the details of the "Halal Navi" app to fully support your journey in Kyoto!
Popular Sightseeing Spots
Kyoto is renowned for its breathtaking temples, shrines, and gardens, which offer a glimpse into Japan's rich cultural heritage. Some of the most famous ones are:
Kiyomizu-dera Temple is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city. It was founded in 780 AD and, the temple offers stunning views of the city and houses several Buddhist deities. The temple also houses several smaller shrines and a picturesque waterfall.
・Price- Entrance fee costs 400 yen for adults and 200 yen for children.
・Address- Kiyomizu-dera is 294 Kiyomizu 1-chome, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto.
２．Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine is famous for its thousands of torii gates that form a path up the mountain behind the shrine. The shrine is dedicated to Inari, the Shinto god of rice, and foxes, which are believed to be Inari's messengers.
・Entrance to Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine is free
・Address- Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine is 68 Fukakusa Yabunouchicho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, Japan.
3. Kinkaku-ji Temple
Kinkaku-ji Temple, also known as the Golden Pavilion, is a Zen Buddhist temple. The temple is famous for its stunning architecture and beautiful gardens. The pavilion is covered in gold leaf and reflects its image in the water, making for a breathtaking sight. Visitors can walk around the pond and admire the pavilion from different angles.
・The entrance fee is 400 yen for adults and 300 yen for children.
・Address- 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita Ward, Kyoto, Japan.
#Halal Navi（Strongly Recommended）
It's always helpful to connect with other Muslim travelers to share tips and recommendations. Halal Navi is an app that can assist you in finding halal-friendly amenities in Kyoto and other cities in Japan. By using the app, you can search for halal restaurants and prayer facilities, read reviews from other users, and even contribute your own reviews and tips.
Best Halal Food Restaurants in Kyoto: Our Top Recommendations
Finding halal food in Kyoto can be challenging, but there are several restaurants that cater to Muslim travelers. Here are a few examples:
Halal Yakiniku in Kyoto
Yakiniku is a Japanese-style barbecue that is popular among locals and tourists. Here are some of the best halal Yakiniku restaurants in Kyoto, along with their location and prices:
1. Yakiniku Ichimaru
Yakiniku Ichimaru is a popular halal Yakiniku restaurant located in the heart of the Gion district. The restaurant offers a variety of halal meat options, including beef, chicken, and lamb. The meat is cooked to perfection on a charcoal grill and served with a variety of dipping sauces.
Location: Gion district
Price: ¥2,000 - ¥5,000 per person
Halal Ramen in Kyoto
Ramen is a popular Japanese noodle dish that is enjoyed by locals and tourists alike. Here are some of the best halal Ramen restaurants in Kyoto, along with their location and prices:
Naritaya is a halal-certified Ramen restaurant located in the Gion district of Kyoto. The restaurant offers a variety of Ramen options, including traditional Ramen and vegetarian Ramen. The restaurant also offers a selection of side dishes, including Gyoza and Karaage.
Location: Gion district
Price: ¥1,000 - ¥1,500 per person
2. Menya Iroha
Menya Iroha is another popular halal Ramen restaurant located in the Sanjo district of Kyoto. The restaurant offers a variety of Ramen options, including traditional Ramen and spicy Ramen. The restaurant also offers a selection of side dishes, including Gyoza and fried chicken.
Location: Sanjo district
Price: ¥1,000 - ¥2,000 per person
Halal Sushi in Kyoto
Sushi is a traditional Japanese dish that is enjoyed by people all over the world. Here are some of the best halal Sushi restaurants in Kyoto, along with their location and prices:
1. Musashi Sushi
Musashi Sushi prides itself on using only fresh, high-quality ingredients, and offers a cozy and welcoming atmosphere for diners.
Location: 570-120 Gionmachi Minamigawa, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto
Price: ¥2,000 - ¥4,000 per person
Halal Matcha Shops in Kyoto
There are several halal matcha shops in Kyoto that cater to the needs of Muslim visitors. Some of the popular halal matcha shops in Kyoto are:
- Gion Tsujiri: This shop has several locations in Kyoto, including one in the Gion district, one in the Kyoto Station, and one in the Arashiyama district. Prices for a matcha drink range from 500 yen to 1,200 yen.
- Nakamura Tokichi: This shop has two locations in Kyoto, one in the Gion district and one in the Uji district. Prices for a matcha drink range from 600 yen to 1,500 yen.
- Fukujuen Kyoto Flagship Store: This shop is located in the Kawaramachi district and offers a range of matcha drinks and desserts. Prices for a matcha drink range from 500 yen to 1,200 yen.
- Ippodo Tea Co., Ltd.: This shop has several locations in Kyoto, including one in the Teramachi shopping arcade and one in the Gion district. Prices for a matcha drink range from 500 yen to 1,500 yen.
Mosques in Kyoto:
- Kyoto Mosque - Located in the city center, this mosque is the first mosque built in Japan and is open to visitors for prayers.
Location: Sakyo ward of Kyoto, specifically at 31 Iwakura Jisho-ji-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-0028, Japan.
- Kyoto Camii Mosque - This mosque is located near Nijo Castle and offers prayer facilities and halal food options.
Location: Fushimi ward of Kyoto, specifically at 11-1 Kamitoba Hokodate-cho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto 612-8412, Japan.
- Kyoto Masjid - This mosque is located in the Sakyo Ward and offers prayer facilities and halal food options for visitors.
Location: Nakagyo ward of Kyoto, specifically at 392 Tawaraya-cho, Inokuma-dori, Shimojuzuyamachi-agaru, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-0915, Japan.
- Al Rashid Mosque - Located near the Kyoto Imperial Palace, this mosque offers prayer facilities and halal food options for visitors.
Location: Shimogyo ward of Kyoto, specifically at 105 Kiyamachi-dori Marutamachi Nishi-iru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8105, Japan.
Supermarkets (Grocery Store)Halal Hotels in Kyoto:
- Gyomu Super: This supermarket offers a wide variety of halal-certified products, including meat, dairy, and other groceries. They have several locations throughout Kyoto, including in the Kita ward, the Nishikyo ward, and the Fushimi ward.
- Shalala: This halal grocery store is located in the Sakyo ward of Kyoto, specifically at 16-1 Yamanouchi Iwakura, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-0013, Japan. They offer a range of halal-certified products, including meat, dairy, and other groceries.
- Minimart Halal Kyoto: This supermarket is located in the Shimogyo ward of Kyoto, specifically at 197-1 Higashihieicho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8216, Japan. They offer a variety of halal-certified products, including meat, dairy, and other groceries.
- Halal Meat Kyoto: This store specializes in halal meat and is located in the Shimogyo ward of Kyoto, specifically at 552-8 Higashiaburanokojicho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8212, Japan.
Halal Hotels in Kyoto:
- Kyoto Tokyu Hotel- Located in the heart of Kyoto, this hotel offers Halal breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. They also have prayer mats available for guests to use.
- The Westin Miyako Kyoto- This hotel offers a Halal-friendly menu, and they can also arrange for Halal meals to be delivered to your room. They provide prayer mats and Qibla direction signs for their Muslim guests.
- Hotel Granvia Kyoto- This hotel offers a Halal-certified menu, including a variety of Japanese and Western cuisine. They also provide prayer mats and prayer rugs for guests to use.
- Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto- This hotel provides a Halal-friendly breakfast buffet, and they can arrange for Halal meals to be served in your room. They offer prayer mats and Qibla direction signs for Muslim guests.
- Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shinmachi Bettei- This hotel provides a Halal breakfast buffet, and they also offer prayer mats for their Muslim guests.
In conclusion (Now download it!)
Kyoto is a city that offers a blend of history, culture, nature, and delicious halal food options. By following this guide and using the "Halal Navi" app, Muslim travelers can enjoy an unforgettable experience in this beautiful city. So why wait? Start planning your trip to Kyoto today!